In this Itinerary 2 Day Sahara Desert Trek in Desert Morocco by Camel, you will find the taste to observe, to feel the fresh air, to listen, and to admire nature and beautiful desert landscapes of southern Morocco. Share your pleasant moments with the inhabitants as well as discover the way of life of desert nomads. A Camel Trekking Desert Morocco is certainly an ideal trip for a first approach to the desert, a night under the stars. Southern Morocco, especially the Drâa Valley is a wonderful place for a desert trek with the family.
You will cross as the nomads the great wilderness of the Moroccan desert in your 2 Day Sahara Desert Trek in Desert Morocco by Camel, to the rhythm of the caravan of your dromedaries, hiking, or camelback. You will like the bivouacs on the edge of small oases or in the dunes, you will discover the sumptuous landscapes of southern Morocco. And succumb to the magic of the Sahara and its starry nights.
This Trek starts from Mahamid El Ghizlane, Gate of the Desert, 520 km from Marrakesh. To participate in this tour, we offer you two options to reach Mahamid, the starting point of this Trek. You can go from Marrakech to Mahamid by bus (direct CTM bus From Marrakech 10:30 Am – or shared taxi, change in Ouarzazate), or we can charge you back and forth transportation.
The Best Things to do in 2 Days Sahara Desert Trekking
- Discovery of the culture and life of the nomads of southern Morocco.
- Experience the magic of the nights under the tent in the desert.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Marrakech and Mhamid
- An ideal trek for the discovery of desert life in all its aspects.
- Ride camels and hike to experience the desert Sand dunes.
- Explore the real desert and discover the beautiful life of the nomads.
This is the Program itinerary summary of the most popular 2 Days Sahara Desert Trek.
- First Day: Mhamid – Rass Nkhal - Dune Douib (5 HOURS TREK)
- Second Day: Dune Douib — Rass Nkhal — Mhamid (5 HOURS TREK)
Information To take with you:
- Do not forget the usual medicines.
- Parkas in winter.
- Something to read.
- Nomadic turbans are very useful.
- Small plastic bags to put your toilet waste.
- Hygienic wipes.
LEVEL 1: Walking times of 3-5 hours/day. A Saharan immersion for a good hiker FOOD: hearty breakfast, picnic at noon, afternoon snack, hot meal in the evening ACCOMMODATION: first and last night at the Camp/3 nights in the desert
SUPERVISION: guide, camel drivers, and camel caravan adapted to the size of the group RUNNING OF THE HIKING: The group moves on foot; luggage, bivouac equipment, and supplies for the trek are transported by camels. (it is possible to go on a camel ride.)
CLIMATE: mild from autumn to spring depending on the period: during the day 15/30 ° – in the evening 0/15 °. WHEN TO GO The period for hiking in the Moroccan desert lasts from early October to May.
Important Note: The 2 Day Sahara Desert Trek prices displayed are estimates and may vary depending on the number of people, the period of the trip. We invite you to ask us for a quote to receive a personalized offer.
This is the itinerary of the 2 Day Sahara Desert TrekkingExpand allCollapse all
DAY 1: Rass Nkhal - Dune Douib
Meet the Mhamid. Then departure for a hike of 2 days in the Moroccan desert trek to the ancient kasbah of Jews across the palm. We head to the dunes Douib, lunch in the shade of palm trees, and arrived in the late afternoon at the dunes in order to install the bivouac. Dinner, entertainment around the campfire, sand bread.
DAY 2: Dune Douib - Rass Nkhal
In the morning, we load the dromedaries and set off towards Mhamid through the magnificent landscapes of the Drâa Valley. We have lunch at Rass Nkhal, Mahmid destination for the end of this trek.
- Baudouin English/French guide
- 1 night stay in camp comfortable
- 1 dinners, 1 breakfast, 1 lunches, Mineral water
- Dromedaries for carrying luggage
- Food (tajin, sand bread, couscous, mineral water...)
- Camels for children
- The services of a cook
- Team camel
- Ready tents during trek
- Sand boarding
- camel ride
What’s not included
- Sleeping bags
- Personal expenses.