In this Itinerary 5 Days of Trekking in the Moroccan Desert by Camels, you will find the taste to observe, to feel the fresh air, to listen, and to admire nature and the beautiful desert landscapes of southern Morocco. Share your pleasant moments with the inhabitants as well as to discover the way of life of desert nomads.A Camel Trekking Desert Morocco is certainly an ideal trip for a first approach of the desert, night under the stars.The southern Morocco, especially the Drâa Valley is a wonderful place for a desert trek with the family.
You will cross as the nomads the great wilderness of the Moroccan desert in your five Days of Trek in the Moroccan Desert by Camels, to the rhythm of the caravan of your dromedaries, Hiking, or camelback. You will like the bivouacs on the edge of small oases or in the dunes, you will discover the sumptuous landscapes of southern Morocco. And succumb to the magic of the Sahara and its starry nights.
The Best Things to do in 5 Days of Trek in the Moroccan Desert by Camel
- Cross the famous Draa Valley for its date palm oases and Kasbah.
- Experience the magic of the nights under the tent in the desert.
- Drive the Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Discovery of the culture and life of the nomads of southern Morocco.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Marrakech and Mhamid.
- Explore the real desert and discover the beautiful life of the nomads.
- An ideal trek for the discovery of desert life in all its aspects.
- Ride camels and hike to experience the desert Sand dunes.
- Discover the palm groves and architecture of towns and Kasbahs in the Draa Valley.
This is the Program itinerary summary of the most popular 5 Days Camel Trek.
- Day 1: Marrakech – High atlas – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Agdz - MHamid (7 HOURS DRIVE)
- day 2: Mhamid - Sidi Naji (5 HOURS TREK)
- day-3: Sidi Naji - Erg Zaher (4 HOURS TREK)
- day 4: Erg Zaher - Rass Nkal (5 HOURS TREK)
- day 5: MHamid — Zagora — Draa Valley – Agdez – Ouarzazate – Tizi-N-Ticha – Marrakech (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Information To take with you:
- Do not forget the usual medicines.
- Nomadic turbans are very useful.
- Small plastic bags to put your toilet waste.
- Parkas in winter.
- Something to read.
- Hygienic wipes.
SUPERVISION: guide, camel drivers, and camel caravan adapted to the size of the group RUNNING OF THE HIKING: The group moves on foot; luggage, bivouac equipment, and supplies for the trek are transported by camels. (it is possible to go on a camel ride.).
CLIMATE: mild from autumn to spring depending on the period: during the day 15/30 ° - in the evening 0/15 °, WHEN TO GO The period for hiking in the Moroccan desert lasts from early October to May.
LEVEL 2: Walking times of 3-5 hours/day A Saharan immersion for a good hiker FOOD: hearty breakfast, picnic at noon, afternoon snack, hot meal in the evening ACCOMMODATION: first and last night at the Camp/3 nights in the desert
Important Note: The prices displayed are estimates and may vary depending on the number of people, the period of the trip. We invite you to ask us for a quote to receive a personalized offer.
This is the itinerary of the 5 Days of Trekking in the Moroccan Desert by Camels Expand all Collapse all
DAY 1: Marrakech - Tizi NTichka - Ouarzazate - Zagora - MHamid.
Our five Days of Trek in the Moroccan Desert by Camel begin at 8:00 am, our driver will pick you up at your hotel or riad in Marrakech in a private vehicle After breakfast, we take the road to Ouarzazate via the Tizi N'Tichka to 2260m. We will admire the panoramic view of the High Atlas Mountains and we continue the Col Ait Saoune to arrive in the famous Draa Valley, before joining the small town of MHamid. This is where we meet our team of camel drivers. We walk about an hour before you install our camp in the dunes of Ras Nkhal From Mahamid 7km.
DAY 2: Mhamid - Sidi Naji
This will be our first day of your five Days of Trekking in the Moroccan Desert by Camel, we follow the Oued Draa, almost always dry in this part, between palm groves and tamarisk We walk in beautiful scenery with the crossing of Sidi Naji tray before joining the Erg of the same name. Installation of our camp in dunes.Nuit under tents. 5 hours of walking in the day.
DAY 3: Sidi Naji - Erg Zaher
We leave the dunes of Sidi Naji to address the great desert spaces. As far as the view goes, dunes fill the landscape and we get to the big dunes of Erg Zaher. Walks in the dunes overlooking the Draa Valley. Night in tents. Walking 5:30 in the day.
DAY 4: Erg Zaher - Rass Nkal
After breakfast, the caravan takes the road back to the Camp. On the way, stop at Rass Nkhill for lunch. Continuation for the bivouac. Arrived a well-deserved shower will await you as well as a meal! A nomadic evening with local folklore.
DAY 5: MHamid - Zagora - Agdez - Marrakech
last day of our 5 Days Camel Trek, the Moroccan Desert After a short walk of one hour, we will reach our minibus near the small town of MHamid. The return trip will be made along the Oued Draa Valley. We arrive late in the afternoon at Marrakech. 460 Km will drop you at the location of your choice and end of your five Days of Trek in the Moroccan Desert by Camel.
- English speaking driver/guide
- Transport from Marrakech to Mhamid/Back
- Baudouin English/French guide
- 2 night stay in camp comfortable
- 4 dinners, 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, Mineral water.
- Dromedaries for carrying luggage
- Food (tajin, sand bread, couscous, mineral water...)
- Camels for children
- The services of a cook
- Team camel
- Ready tents during trek
- Sand boarding
- camel ride
What’s not included
- Lunch in the road from Marrakech
- Sleeping bags
- Personal expenses.
- Optional local guide at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (2 Euros per person).